The Foundation is an independent, 501 (c) (3) public charity with efforts focused on education/job training, scholarships, internships/apprenticeships, and workforce development initiatives for the local hospitality and tourism industry at large. The mission of the Visit Austin Foundation is to develop and promote education, job training and career opportunities within the hospitality, music and tourism community in the greater Austin area
The Visit Austin Foundation is engaging in efforts to develop a pathway to secure a sustainable pipeline of talent supporting the full range of opportunities in the industry via the following pathways and programming:
- Scholarships, both academic and professional/career development scholarships
- Education and job training platform – topics include, but are not limited to, customer service, interpersonal/communication skills, business acumen, sales/marketing, work ethic/loyalty, leadership, etc…
- Workforce Development Initiatives working with educational institutions (high school and college level) as well as workforce solutions to establish various earn and learn pathways, with specific focus on opportunity youth and under-served youth.
- Career Fairs – connecting job seekers with available employment opportunities, both part time and full time. Each Career Fair includes an educational component for those looking to learn about the hospitality industry and the tremendous amount of growth potential offered in tourism and hospitality by connecting local businesses with Austin’s diverse local talent
- Job Board – connecting Austin-based hospitality employers with job seekers